The Planning Division is the first stop for property owners that are planning to remodel, rebuild, or construct a new building. Due to the current Public Health Orders, the following temporary measures have been implemented to prioritize the health and safety of residents, contractors, and City staff:
- Planning activities can be conducted virtually. Appointments are encouraged for in person visits.
- To reach Planning staff, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 408.868.1222.
- Planners will continue to review and process existing projects electronically. Revised plans can be uploaded to a cloud-based storage site as a PDF, then submitted electronically by emailing a hyperlink to email@example.com
- Applications can be submitted for new projects. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the submittal requirements and process.
- Tree Removal Permits will be processed.
- All site visits will be done virtually whenever possible. Necessary in person site visits will be done while maintaining social distancing requirements.
New to the City of Saratoga development process? Take a look at the City's step-by-step description of the development process.
Additional Development Information & Resources
- Planning Application Forms
- Zoning Map (PDF)
- General Plan Map (PDF)
- Parcel Map
- Net Site Area (PDF)
- Site Slope
- Floor Area, Lot Coverage, Setbacks
- Summary of Floor Area, Lot Coverage, and Setbacks by Residential District:
- Design Review Process
- Single-Family Residential Design Review Handbook (PDF)
- Geotechnical Clearance
Additional Information & Resources
- Accessory Structures Summary (PDF)
- Appeal Application (PDF)
- Basements Summary (PDF)
- City Code
- Fences, Gates, Pillars, Retaining Walls Summary (PDF)
- Gateway Design Guidelines (PDF)
- General Plan and Specific Plans
- Ground Movement Potential Map
- Ridgeline Map (PDF)
- Sheds, Garden Structures, Basements, Bay Windows
- Stormwater Regulations
- Water Efficient Landscape Guidelines (PDF)
- Village Design Guidelines (PDF)