Event Permits

The City of Saratoga offers Special Event, Block Party, and Noise Exception permits to ensure streamlined and customer-friendly processes for event coordinators. 

Special Event Permits

Special Event Permits are required for block parties, parades, foot races, and festivals that close any sidewalk or street to regular traffic. The Special Event permit shall also apply to events that occur in parking districts that are owned and operated by the City. 

The Special Event Permit Application must be submitted to the Community Development Department no later than 40 days before to the event. The cost of the permit is $300. The fee is waived for block parties.

Block Party Permits

Block parties are a great way to meet neighbors, build community, and reinforce Neighborhood Watch. A block party includes gatherings organized by residents living on a particular street or area where the event is taking place, is intended to be a neighborhood gathering, is expected to have an attendance of 100 people or less, and is not advertised to the general public. There is no fee or insurance requirement for Block Party Permits.

The application includes a Block Party Signature Form that should be signed by the residents who will be impacted by the street closure, indicating that they have been notified of the proposed closure. Organizers should make additional copies of the form as needed to obtain all signatures on the block. Please make 3 attempts to acquire a signature. If you cannot obtain a signature after three attempts, note the address, leave a flyer, and submit the flyer to the City of Saratoga. The flyer should include the date, time, and organizer contact information.

Applications can be submitted electronically via email. Send a scan or photo of the application, Signature Form, and simple diagram of the proposed block party area to the Code Compliance Officer.

If you need barricades or signage for your block party, the City has metal A-frames, cones, and signs that can be picked up from City Hall prior to the event and returned afterward.

Noise Exception Permits

A Noise Exception Permit may be recommended depending on the level of noise anticipated during the event and in accordance with the City's current Noise Ordinance, Chapter 7, Article 7-30.090. Noise Exception Permits cost $50 per event. A completed application and check should be dropped off at least 30 days before the event date at the Community Development Department at Saratoga City Hall, located at 13777 Fruitvale Avenue. 

Other Information

Park or Facility Rentals

To find out more information about reserving City parks, visit the Facilities and Parks Reservation Page.

For questions about parks or facilities rentals, contact the Facilities Coordinator.