Tobacco Retailer License
All businesses located in the City of Saratoga that sell tobacco products, paraphernalia, or electronic smoking devices are required to obtain a tobacco retailer license per City Code 4-90.
- Electronic smoking devices - electronic and/or battery-operated device the use of which may resemble smoking, which can be used to deliver an inhaled dose of vapors including nicotine or other substances.
- Paraphernalia - cigarette papers or wrappers, pipes, holders of smoking materials, rolling machines, and any other item designed for smoking or ingestion of tobacco products.
- Tobacco product - defined as substance containing tobacco or biologically active amounts of nicotine.
- 1 Year (New Applications: $105, Renewals: $55)
- License is non transferable
- Existing Tobacco Retailers will receive a renewal notice by mail.
- License must be prominently displayed in publicly visible place.
- No self-service displays or vending machines for tobacco products, paraphernalia, or electronic smoking devices.
- No one under the age of 18 years is allowed to sell tobacco products, paraphernalia, or electronic smoking devices.
- Retailers are required to check the identification for anyone who appears to be under 30 years of age.
- Violations will be subject to administrative citation procedures (City Code Article 3-30).
- For the first violation, the retailer will receive a Notice of Violation from the City. This notice serves as a written warning.
- If the violation is not corrected, the City may issue an administrative citation assessing fines and may make a retailer ineligible to receive a license or suspend/revoke an existing license.