Outside Agency Committee Assignments
Members of the following committees serve as representatives of Saratoga. These committees are managed by government agencies or other organizations.
Sourcewise Advisory Council
- 12:30 - 3 p.m.
- 1st Monday of the month
- Santa Clara Senior Center
- Michael Torres, Contracts Manager
Silicon Valley Council on Aging
The Council is responsible for advisory functions that further the mission of developing and coordinating community-based systems of services for all older persons in the planning and service area. The council advises Sourcewise relative to:
- Developing and administering the area plan;
- Conducting public hearings;
- Representing the interest of older persons; and
- Reviewing and commenting on all community policies, programs and actions which affect older persons with the intent of assuring maximum coordination and responsiveness to older persons.
Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC)
- 6 p.m.
- Wednesday following the 1st Thursday of every month
- VTA Administration Offices
3331 N First Street
San Jose, CA
- Jim Stallman
- Stephen Flynn, Senior Management Analyst
Government Relations, Valley Transportation Authority (VTA)
Each member agency - the County and each city in the County - has 1 representative on the BPAC. Appointees must be part of the Member Agency's local bicycle advisory committee. Members must live or work in Santa Clara County. The purpose of this Committee is to:
- Provide feedback to VTA's Congestion Management Program staff
- Coordinate with bicycle and pedestrian advisory committees of other agencies on multi-jurisdictional matters
- Coordinate with the County Trails Committee as needed
- Make recommendations to the VTA Board of Directors on the Countywide priority list of bicycle and pedestrian projects for the TDA Article 3 program and serve as the countywide bicycle and pedestrian advisory committee for Santa Clara County
Housing & Community Advisory Committee (HCDAC)
- 5:30 p.m.
- 3rd Thursday of the month
- Charcot Government Center
2310 N First Street
San Jose, CA
- Judy Borah, Management Analyst
Santa Clara County Office of the County Executive
This Committee is comprised of:
- 1 member of the Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors
- 1 member of the City Council from each of the non-entitlement cities in the Urban County CDBG and Home programs
- 1 member of the community of each of the participating cities
- 1 member selected by each member of the Board of Supervisors
The purpose of this Committee is to make funding recommendations on CDBG and HOME projects and programs to the Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors.