Proposed Palm Villas Saratoga Project
Proposed Project Description
The proposed Palm Villas Saratoga project includes the construction and operation of a Residential Care Facility for the Elderly on Saratoga Creek Drive off Cox Avenue. Two buildings would be constructed that are designed to function as a single complex, containing a combined total of 78 beds. The first building would be for individuals with mild stage Alzheimer’s/Dementia and the second for individuals with advanced stage Alzheimer’s/Dementia. The proposed project also includes related support functions (such as food service, pharmacy, laundry, administration, etc.), 47 parking spaces, landscaping (including removal of some trees), utility connections, and an extension of Saratoga Creek Drive.
Project Application Process
The California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) is a statewide policy of environmental protection that helps guide the approval of proposed projects. CEQA requires agencies to identify potential significant environmental impacts of proposed projects and to avoid or mitigate those impacts, if possible.
As part of this process, a Public Scoping Meeting was held on February 26, 2019 to share information about the proposed Palm Villas Saratoga project and gather feedback from the community.
- Public Scoping Meeting Presentation (PDF)
- Notice of Preparation of Draft Environmental Impact Report (PDF)
The Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) was released for review on January 31, 2020. Printed copies are also available at the Community Development Department (13777 Fruitvale Avenue) and the Saratoga Library (13650 Saratoga Avenue).
- Notice of Availability (PDF)
- Palm Villas Draft Environmental Impact Report (PDF)
- Appendix A - Notice of Preparation (PDF)
- Appendix B - Air Quality and Greenhouse Gas Emissions (PDF)
- Appendix C - Arborist Report (PDF)
- Appendix D - Cultural and Paleo Assessment (PDF)
- Appendix E - Energy (PDF)
- Appendix F - Geotechnical Investigation (PDF)
- Appendix G - Phase I Environmental Site Assessment (PDF)
- Appendix H - Limited Phase II Site Screening (PDF)
- Appendix I - Stormwater Management Plan (PDF)
- Appendix J - Noise Measurement Data (PDF)
- Appendix K - Transportation Impact Analysis (PDF)
All comments on the Draft EIR must be received by 5:00 p.m. on March 2, 2020.
- Email comments to Nicole Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail comments to Nicole Johnson at 13777 Fruitvale Avenue, Saratoga, CA, 95070
- Share comments at the Community Meeting on Thursday, February 27 at 6:00 p.m. in S. Ku Hall at the Saratoga Senior Center (19655 Allendale Avenue)
|Application Submitted to the City||Completed|
|City Review of Application and Request for Additional Information||Completed|
|Application Deemed Complete||Completed|
|Environmental Review Initiated||Completed|
|Public Scoping Hearing (Opportunity for Public Input/Comment)||Completed|
|Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) Prepared by Environmental Consultant||Completed|
|Draft EIR Released for Public Review||Available for Review|
|Draft EIR Community Meeting (Opportunity for Public Input/Comment)||Thursday, February 27|
Saratoga Senior Center, S. Ku Hall
19655 Allendale Avenue
|Comments on Draft EIR Due||Before 5:00 p.m. on Monday, March 2|
|Final EIR Prepared and Response to Public Comments||Pending|
|Planning Commission Hearing (Opportunity for Public Input/Comment)||Pending|