Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Santa Clara County Public Health Department is the lead agency responding to novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in our County and will always provide the most current information and recommendations. Older adults and people who have serious chronic medical conditions (heart disease, diabetes, lung disease, etc.) are at a higher risk of getting very sick and should take extra precautions.
City Hall Closure
We have been facing the unprecedented challenge of slowing down the spread of novel coronavirus while continuing to serve the Saratoga community and provide the essential functions of local government. We have already adapted many of our practices based on mandatory orders and evolving recommendations from the Santa Clara County Department of Public Health, California Department of Public Health, and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. As a result of the new Public Health Order to Shelter at Home, the following updates have been made to City of Saratoga services:
- City Hall is now closed through at least May 3.
- Play equipment and sports courts at all City parks are closed.
- Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office and Fire Department services will continue. In the event of an emergency or if you need immediate assistance, call 9-1-1.
- If you suspect a tree is being illegally removed, call the Sheriff’s Office at 408.299.3233.
- Fallen trees, landslides, and flooding on roads and public property can be reported to County Communications at 408.299.2507.
- Garbage and recycling collection will continue.
- Parks, streets, maintenance, and code compliance requests can be submitted to www.saratoga.ca.us/fixit. They will be reviewed to determine if they are essential for health or safety reasons.
- No park maintenance, facility rental, or median banner program services will occur.
- The Saratoga Senior Center is closed, but they continue to serve seniors.
- Information on County services, including libraries and Vector Control, can be found on the County of Santa Clara website.
Community Development Department
The Community Development Department is working to meet the needs of residents while complying with the new Public Health Order. To continue providing services, we are implementing temporary measures to prioritize the health and safety of residents, contractors, and City staff. Learn more about the Planning Division, Building Division, and construction activities.
City Council and Commission Meetings
- Resolution Proclaiming a Local Emergency
- Appointment of Commissioner
- Arrowhead Bond Closure
All other agenda items will be rescheduled to a future meeting. The City Council approved the resolution affirming the proclamation of a local emergency. Most cities in Santa Clara County have proclaimed a local emergency in anticipation of the impacts of the spread of novel coronavirus. Adopting this resolution provides the City with greater flexibility to respond to disaster conditions, such as obtaining critical supplies and resources and seeking mutual aid.
The City Council Meeting scheduled for April 1 is also canceled, and future City Council and Commission meetings will be evaluated on an ongoing basis. If meetings are held, they will be held virtually to provide the safest environment while continuing operations. The public can submit comments through the City Council Comment Form, and the City will provide teleconference information when it is available.
Last updated: April 3, 2020