View the Map
View the City of Saratoga's online planning map to learn about planning applications currently under review by the City of Saratoga, including those for new homes, additions to existing homes, subdivisions, and Conditional Use Permits. These summaries of proposed projects will continue to be updated periodically, and projects will be added or removed as needed.
Planning Map Glossary
- Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU): A secondary housing unit on a single-family residential lot. Can be attached or detached, but must include a bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom.
- Junior Accessory Dwelling Unit (JADU): A secondary housing unit no larger than 500 square feet within a single-family home or an accessory structure, such as a garage, pool house, or workshop. May include its own bathroom or share with the main home or accessory structure.
- Conditional Use Permit (CUP): Allows a use that is not permitted by-right in a particular zone.
- Subdivision: Divides a parcel of land into smaller lots, often to sell or develop.
Design Review Types
An application’s scope of work determines which design review process it qualifies for.
- Administrative Design Review: Staff review and decision regarding the project.
- Planning Commission Design Review: Planning Commission review and decision regarding the project.
To learn more, please use the following resources from the Planning Department: