Drilling of Soil Borings Near Quito Village Shopping Center
Drilling work along Paseo Presada, Paseo Lado, and Devon Avenue is scheduled to occur throughout the month of August in connection to the Quito Village development. Drilling locations are noted below. Traffic impact will be minimal.
- Paseo Presada between Cox Avenue and Devon Avenue
- Paseo Lado east of Paseo Presada
- Devon Avenue west of Paseo Presada
- Paseo Presada between Devon Avenue and McFarland Avenue
- Devon Avenue east of Paseo Presada
Environmental investigations at Quito Village Shopping Center identified elevated levels of tetrachloroethene (PCE), benzene, and ethylbenzene in soil vapor (the air space between the individual soil grains) beneath the shopping center. The contamination can be attributed to past operations of the former Quito Dry Cleaners and a former gas station. Drilling work will help determine the extent of off-site contamination. Additional information is available on the City website at www.saratoga.ca.us/QuitoVillage